Basil & Grapefruit Soap
|Formula: CP111||Difficulty level: medium||Validity: min 12 months||Superfat: 7%|
|For details on the terms used and how to work, and for your safety, please see before RECEIVE SOAP MAKING GUIDE|
Ingredients for about 1 kg of soap
Coconut Oil RBD
Olive oil Organic
Palm Oil RSPO
Sodium hydroxide NaOH
Pure / distilled water
Basil Tropical essential oil
Grapefruit essential oil
Optional dried basil for decoration
1. Before you start making soap have all utensils and equipment ready on the workbench, within easy reach. Make the necessary ingredient measurements from the recipe.
2. Mix the green clay and red clay in two separate bowls with 2 tablespoons of distilled water.
3. Weigh the amount of caustic soda and water separately.
In a heatproof bowl add the distilled water, over which, little by little, add the Sodium hydroxide and stir slowly, carefully, until it is completely dissolved and the solution becomes transparent. Allow the solution to cool to about 40°C.
4. In a container with a volume greater than 1 litre, preferably 1.5-2 litres, transfer the oils and heat until completely melted. When the soda water and oils have reached a temperature of about 40°C, slowly pour the sodium hydroxide solution over the oils. Both should be of a similar temperature.
Insert the blender into the bowl and blend until the mixture becomes the consistency of a more liquid pudding. At this point pour about half of the soap mass into another container of about 1 litre. In one half add the green clay and basil essential oil and in the other half add the red clay and grapefruit essential oil. Using a blender, blend the two together one after the other.
5. With quick movements, pour a layer of green soap into the form, then a layer of red soap. If we want the soap to have a wave pattern, we will use a wire bent into a U-shape, which we insert into the soap mass and with zig-zag movements from bottom to top and top to bottom a few times, we will get a more distinctive pattern. Shape the surface of the soap with a teaspoon and then sprinkle with dried basil.
6. Cover with foil and leave to stand for 2 days in a cool place. Once the soap has hardened, remove from the mould and cut to the desired size.
The soap is then left to mature in a well-ventilated space, on shelves or in covered boxes (but not closed to allow air circulation). Maturation takes a minimum of 4 weeks from the date of production, during which time the soap is not used as it is still reactive.
Tools required: 2 bowls, 3 heat-resistant pots (300 ml, 1 l and 1.5 l); block soap mould; wooden soap cutter box; straight soap cutter; spatula; kitchen blender.
This formula was developed by Elemental's qualified staff. The recipes are intended to exemplify the use of products marketed by Elemental and are believed ... to be accurate, Elemental assumes no liability or risk associated with the use of its products for the preparation and evaluation of the recipe as the conditions of preparation and use are beyond its control. The person who prepares the recipe must refer to the safety data sheets to ensure the safe handling of all raw materials and bears full responsibility for ensuring the safe and correct use and storage of all materials procured and used. Elemental is not liable for any damages resulting from the use of this information, and assumes no responsibility for misuse of selected materials, formula or method, in whole or in part. For commercial use, assessments of the safety, stability, regulatory compliance and suitability of this recipe, methods and the finished product are the sole responsibility of the user and/or the legal entity placing the product on the market.
Cristina ******* E 02/25/2023Nu în ultimul rând vreau sa precizez faptul că respect procentajul cu sfințenie și sunt atenta le cele mai mici detalii, însă cu aceasta problema nu pot...
Cristina ******* E 02/25/2023Bună seara. Help! De ce mica capătă o nuanță urâtă de gri in mediul alcalin?.Am fost foarte atentă la fisa fiecărui produs, am folosit mica ce merge inclusa in CP, nu știu unde greșesc. Amestec argila cu mica și ulei ( la superfat), amestec cu telul, la început pare că se dispersează foarte drăguț, însă când încep să mixez cu mixerul culoarea se transforma Intr una foarte urâtă, gri. Am incercat sa dispersez mica doar in ulei , la fel se întâmplă
Elemental * a 02/27/2023Bună ziua Cristina,
Vă rog a ne preciza codul pigmentului folosit.
Cristina ******* E 01/31/2023Bună seara. Se poate elimina argila din aceasta rețetă?
Elemental * a 02/01/2023Bună ziua Cristina,
Da, rețeta se poate realiza și fără argilă.
Mariana ****** 03/15/2022Bună ziua. In loc de apa distilată se poate folosi macerat din pudra de Amla ?
Elemental 03/19/2022Bună ziua! Se poate folosi, preparați maceratul cu apă distilată.
Mariana ****** 03/20/2022Vă mulțumesc